Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Jungles: Baldwin Village, Los Angeles

My presentation was over The Jungles, which was renamed in 1990 to Baldwin Village. I choose this topic because I minor in African American studies and I feel slightly connected to the Hip-Hop culture. I know I dress extremely preppy. However, I still enjoy rap music and films such as Training Day, ATL, Get Rich or Die Tryin', and Hustle and Flow. I liked how I utilized Waka Flocka's music video: Hard in the Paint. I used this video because it displays the Black P. Stone Jungles and the inequality in living conditions. While I have heard of The Jungles, I learned how terrible the neighborhood actually is. The social implications of Baldwin Village include children fall victim to gang wars and life-or-death pressures to join gangs. As a result of the aforementioned implications, children fall into the vicious cycle of failing to reach their potential. One thing I wish I could have changed is I should have taken my anxiety medication. Despite the fact I've presented before, I was extremely nervous and stumbled on some words.




I really liked Zach's presentation on Fluvial Processes. His design was simply yet interesting. He utilized an amazing video of a person river surfing. His information and knowledge on the topic was outstanding.

Rebecca's presentation was shocking, yet fascinating. Her design was effective. Her content was interesting and made me want to read about Charles Manson and go watch The Silence of the Lambs.

No comments:

Post a Comment